Kauffman Stadium Rules
All guests will be asked to comply with metal detection screening in order to gain entrance into Kauffman Stadium. Those who do not comply with metal detection screening will be given the alternative of a physical pat-down by a security representative. If you refuse both methods, you will be denied entry.
- Bags/purses in excess of 16″ x 16″ x 8″
- Backpacks in excess of 16″ x 16″ x 8″
- Any drinks beside water or sports drinks (one sealed/unopened 1-liter bottle per person)
- Weapons/fireworks (including all guns and pocket knives)
- Items that could be projectiles
- Cameras with 12″ or more lenses
- Banners or flags with sticks in them
- Noisemaking devices such as cowbells, bullhorns, etc.
- Lasers or laser pens
- Brooms in excess of 4 feet in height
- Hard-sided coolers of any kind
- Anything that can obstruct a guest’s view
- Wrapped presents and/or gifts of any kind*
- Pets or animals not documented as service animals
- Aerosol cans (i.e. sunscreen, hairspray, mace, etc.)
- Bags will be checked by security upon entry. Security may ask fans to empty pockets and remove hats.
Fountains/Entering the Playing Field
An immediate arrest will happen if a fan enters the playing field or any of the fountains. Violators will be transported to the downtown police station and charged to the fullest extent of the law. Fines for entering the fountains or the playing field can be well over $1000 plus court costs as well as the arrest record.
Please note that pets/animals are prohibited into the Truman Sports Complex or inside Kauffman Stadium unless they are service animal. Additionally, pets/animals left inside vehicles while on the Truman Sports Complex compound may be subject to animal cruelty violations from the Kansas City Animal Control Department.
Smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the structure of Kauffman Stadium. Designated smoking areas are located along the perimeter fence line at Gates B & D. Fans will also find other designated areas along the perimeter fence line at Gates A & E and on View Level behind section 420.
Bear in mind that electronic cigarettes and other smoking devices are not allowed in the seating bowl or concourse. Electronic cigarettes share the same designated smoking area as all other tobacco users.